Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to everyone. Today my good friend Katherine and I had a progressive dinner with some other friends. We went to church and then started the dinner at my place by having soup and bread. I had found some great recipes online that I wanted to try and they turned out great! I made a butternut squash bisque and sun dried tomato, olive and cheese bread - they were truly delicious (and very easy to make). Here are pictures of what they turned out looking like.
Sun Dried Tomato, Olive and Cheese Bread


Butternut Squash and Carrot Bisque

After eating we colored some Easter eggs and went on to the next apartment for the main entrĂ©e. It was a great day with great friends!
Katherine, Melanie and me

Our final product =]


A side note - on Friday I went cycling for the first time on my new bike and it was great! That was the first time I had really ridden a road bike and I was able to go pretty fast I thought for the majority of my ride - my garmin told me I went between 14 and 15 mph and I rode about 7 miles.

I am looking forward to this week since I have a lot of new recipes to try and am going running with a co-worker!

Enjoy your Easter!

2 comments:

  1. I love progressive dinners--what a fun night!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread looks awesome!!! Hope your week is going great!

    ReplyDelete