Wednesday, April 20, 2011

first blog!

so today I bought my very first road bike! so far I love it! (granted I only rode it home from the bike store, but regardless it is so easy to ride and very lightweight) I am looking forward to my first long ride this weekend =]

I also went running this morning which turned out way better than I thought it would since I had pulled a leg muscle early last week, but with some easy stretching it all worked out and turned out to be a great 4 mile run, so I think I am back in the game. Only 1 month until my first marathon on The Great Wall of China! I am so excited but a little nervous since it is more of an endurance run than anything - even though I run at a 9.00-9.30 minute mile (about a 4 hour regular marathon time) I expect this marathon to take me between 5 and 6 hours due to the course. Running 5k uphill, part on the wall (stairs galore by the way) and then downhill only to then do it again in reverse on the way back. My only goals are to finish and to have fun on the way!

Also - I love living in China - the price of produce is awesome, making my life as a vegetarian very cheap =] I bought all of these fruits and vegetables for about $16.

Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. yay for bloggin! I am so happy you started a blog! And I am super jealous of that awesome looking produce. What is that next to the banana's and asparagus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so interested in reading more from you! I have a bunch of friends who have run the Great Wall marathon--I used to live in Hong Kong but never got a chance to run it. What an exciting experience it will be!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Colleen - those are cucumbers - they are bumpy here but I actually prefer them to the ones in the states.

    @Vanessa - how exciting! what did you do in Hong Kong? I'll be checking out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So inspiring..Thanks for sharing this nice blog.
    Business Logo Design

    ReplyDelete