Wednesday, May 4, 2011

and the countdown begins!

With the race being a little more than 2 weeks away I decided to change up my diet. I have eliminated all added sugars, salts, oils, fats, as well as flour and all animal products. Because this is a huge step I had looked up tons of recipes to try this week that would include a variety of foods so that I wouldn't get bored! So after a successful first day I am prepared to do this for a while!

Today for breakfast I had a bowl of grapes (yum =] ) and tea.
For lunch I made black bean burgers (sorry no picture from me) and steamed veggies.
For dinner I made an Italian Layered Vegetable Casserole which turned out pretty well and then had delicious Strawberry-Banana Ice Cream for dessert (it was fantastic).
 


And this past weekend I went camping on the Great Wall. I had a great time with my friends - we made s'mores, roasted veggies, and played games around the camp fire. We also saw the most beautiful sunset!


Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. How fun--a friend of mine studying in Beijing went camping on the great wall about 2 weeks ago and her pictures were incredible! Glad you got to experience such a once in a lifetime trip!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 weeks!!!!! ahhhhh! that ice cream looks great btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice..Thanks for sharing this great post.I really like it.
    Business Logo Design

    ReplyDelete